Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kapiti - A Club with heaps to give!

President Jim at the helm!
It was the first Club I visited as DG on 1 July.  I attended their Changeover then and Jenny and I also were invited to their very successful evening with Pride of Workmanship way back in June (I think).  And here we are, a few months later visiting the Club once again as part of our DG visit schedule.The sun was shining as we were welcomed by President Jim - who then took us to Otaihanga domain where they are already planning their family festival on Project Day 26 February.  A Board meeting dealt with very practical issues relating the the programme and membership of the Club - a very positive exchange of ideas. 
Is that PID Neil and PDG Michael
in the one shot?
And then on to their Club rooms.  Here is another Club with absolutely heaps of knowledge, a proud tradition of service in the community and with a range of senior members and some very dedicated younger members. As I started to speak to the Cub I saw that this was another opportunity to challenge the members and to let them see the value of the organisation and the potential they have for making a huge impact in future years.  I
I recognise those two!
challenged them to think of their Club in 20 years time.  20 years ago was only 1990, and we can all state how fast those years have gone.  At the end of the very enjoyable evening I was able to meet up again with PID Neil Inkster and PDG Michael Leggot.  I was also very moved when President Jim presented me with a cheque for $1,231.50 for the Canterbury Earthquake Appeal.  Thanks so much Kapiti.





No comments:

Post a Comment