Friday, December 3, 2010

One 'fired up' President aiming for the moon


Journey of Hope

Just an update on our Polio day 18th Dec.
President Barrie
I wrote to 50 locals to come & hop on a exercycle for a moment or two then give a donation for the pleasure !!!
Only two so far have said no with many coming. My aim is to make it a fun morning. One who said no, has offered $50.
I've also invited Shirley Hazelwood now about 60 who was struck with polio at 5 months old to sit with me on the day & she is happy for me to use her as an example. Also a local guy I know is bringing in his penny farthing bike for display!!!
A local printer has reproduced a metre long cheque made out to Polio Eradication for $1000 & signed Stratford Rotary Club & I'll put it on the window behind us!!
My am is to double our $1000.
Barrie - Stratford Rotary Club