Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Western Hutt - on the move!!

Here is a Club that is on the move - literally!

AG Ian Grigor enjoys a laugh
Tonight Jenny and I joined Western Hutt Club at its final meeting at The Boulcott Golf Club.  Next week they will meet at the Lowry Bay Yacht Club.
Tonight I spoke about the opportunities that come with change and I am sure the members of Western Hutt will use this move to regroup and use it as another incentive to become Bigger, Better and Bolder.  This Club, chartered in 1973 has a proud history, and sponsored the Pencarrow (1992) and Hutt Valley (1993) Clubs.
The Club took the opportunity to thank John who had faithfully been the barman for many years at the Golf Club, and to his credit he won the wine raffle. 
President Ian in charge
President Ian is looking forward to the challenge of relocating the Club.  I had opportunity to recognise Bob Hopkirk in the audience.  It was Bob who was an Inspector when I was a primary teacher - oh, the memories!!
Thanks Western Hutt - Jenny and I enjoyed out visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment