Friday, April 29, 2011

Away this weekend

I am meeting my South Pacific counterparts this weekend for a briefing as part of the new Public Image Coordinators role I am picking up in the new Rotary year.  Although away from my computer, the Blog will continue to post new postings.  I have taken the accounts from 3 different Bulletins on our recent event in Wanganui.  Incoming Foundation Chair Bill Boyd spoke so well and had such important messages for all Rotarians.  Our Foundation is such a vital part of who we are and what we do as Rotarians.  I have seen a greater awareness in District 9940 since the introduction of the Future Vision Pilot and I know this will continue as PDG Tony Fryer (District Rotary Foundation Chair) pulls together his team and with fresh new ideas.  More and more Rotarians are also contributing personally through the Centurion Club.  Even more members need to consider giving money in their wills - another form of support that is recognised by The Rotary Foundation.  Contact PDG Tony for more details.

As this is posted I am in a plane taking off for my meeting.  I would encourage all those Clubs without a web presence to also take off!  You too can have a Blog and can get serious about connecting this way with your community.