Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Something special at Levin

Our visits to the Clubs in District 9940 have gone well.  It is so good to meet so many people who share the same passion, all wanting to Build Communities and Bridge Continents.
Levin has been no exception to this - in fact I am not sure who became the more motivated after tonight's meeting, me with what I experienced, or the members!! 
 
Nods and smiles as I spoke meant I was hitting a chord in the Club when I spoke about the need to be bigger, better and bolder in what we do in our community.  It is time to take the covers off Rotary - to be proud and to promote our programme confidently to those we meet.  Levin is a Club, like many others, who look at the challenge of membership and have great targets.  But I know that they are looking closely at their image and how they can become more 'attractive' as a Service Club.  I will be watching with interest as this Club, along with many others, work to connect with their communities in a fresh way.
It was great to induct a new member, award two PHF's and also present (I think I counted) 6 new Centurions with certificates and badges.  Every Rotarian Every Year is being well demonstrated in this Club and makes them the Club with the highest proportion of members who are Centurions.  Can they be toppled?  Of course they can!!  (See the Foundation Giving tab on this BLOG)
Thanks Levin and President Bernie for making us feel so welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment